Contact Your Senator
Join a #Justice4Life Rally
Attend a #Justice4Life rally near you this October hosted outside local senate offices across the country to encourage Senators to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett.
Fairmont, West Virginia
Charleston, West Virginia
Wheeling, West Virginia
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Raleigh, North Carolina
San Antonio, Texas
About Judge Amy Coney Barrett
Judge Amy Coney Barrett, who has served on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit since 2017, was nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court by President Donald Trump on September 26, 2020. If confirmed, she will be the third Supreme Court Justice nominated by President Trump, following Justices Neil Gorsuch in 2017 and Brett Kavanaugh in 2018. If she were to serve on the Supreme Court she would be the first Justice with school-aged children.
Barrett was born Amy Vivian Coney on January 28, 1972, in New Orleans. She graduated from Rhodes College and from the University of Notre Dame Law School, where she graduated summa cum laude and was first in her class. She also received the Hoynes Prize for the best record in scholarship, deportment, and achievement.
Before returning to teach law school at Notre Dame, Barrett was a law clerk for Justice Laurence Silberman and for Justice Antonin Scalia, the latter whom she has been likened to. She then practiced law with the Baker Botts law firm. While teaching at Notre Dame, Barrett was awarded "Distinguished Professor of the Year" three times.
President Trump nominated Barrett to serve on the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit on May 8, 2017. Strong support for her confirmation came from former Supreme Court law clerks, law school professors from Notre Dame and other top law schools, and Notre Dame law school graduates. The American Bar Associated rated her as “well qualified.” She was confirmed with bipartisan support on October 31, 2017 with a vote of 55-43.
Support for Judge Barrett also came as she was being nominated to the Supreme Court, from colleagues, former students, and Noah Feldman, a Harvard law school professor who does not share her judicial philosophy but who considers Barrett to be "highly qualified."
Barrett has been married to Jesse Barrett since 1999. Together they have seven children. Emma is 19; Vivian is 16; Tess is 16; John Peter is 13; Liam is 11; Juliet is 9; and Benjamin is 8. Vivian and John Peter were adopted from Haiti. Benjamin, who has Down Syndrome, is regarded by his brothers and sisters as the “favorite sibling."
Let Your Senator Know Who She Could Be...
Find your ultrasound photo.
Copy the link to your post to share your post with your U.S. Senator.
National Chalk Day: Chalk the Vote Challenge
For National Pro-Life Chalk Day, you can join in #Justice4Life efforts on the sidewalk outside of your local senate office. Students from across the country can enter their chalking to win prizes for the most creative, elaborate, and eye-catching chalk that helps encourages senators to Vote Pro-Life First and confirm Amy Coney Barrett this year. We need a Justice for life to reverse Roe v. Wade. Enter for your chance to win CASH prizes and SFLA merchandise for your group!
Here’s How You Can Participate & WIN PRIZES…
- Sign up now to participate.
- Locate your senator’s office and find the nearest public sidewalk.
- Get some sidewalk chalk (stores like Target, Meijer, & Walmart sell this).
- Think of some positive, creative, pro-life messages (or pictures) to chalk in support of Amy Coney Barrett. You can find sample messages below.
- Take a picture, post on Facebook and/or Instagram, and tag #StudentsforLife, #ProLifeChalkDay, and #Justice4Life by Friday, October 23rd. Tag your U.S Senator!
Students for Life will select first, second, and third place winners and ship out prizes!
- First Place Prize: $100 Amazon gift card for your group.
- Second Place Prize: up to 10 pro-life tees from the SFLA Shop.
- Third Place Prize: up to 10 Vote Pro-Life First masks and buttons.
Note: To be eligible for the Prize Competition, make sure you…
- Register for the challenge.
- Take good-quality photos of your pro-life chalking.
- Post to Facebook and/or Instagram and tag #StudentsforLife, #ProLifeChalkDay, and #Justice4Life.
- Post before 3pm on Friday, October 23rd.
Sample #Justice4Life Messages
- Vote Pro-Life First / #VoteProLifeFirst
- Confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett
- #ConfirmACB: Keep Hearts Beating
- Men voted Roe in, it will take a women to get it reversed
- Amy Coney Barrett: Strong as a Mother
- Protect Life in Law
- Progress. Justice
- Pro-Life Representation. Pro-Life Legislation. Pro-Life Nation.
- 3 reasons to vote pro-life:
- To elect judges
- Enact legislation
- End extremism
Press Statements and Media Coverage
For interviews or press questions, contact our team by completing the form below: