Lobby Against Chemical Abortion With Us.
The radical move to expand access to Chemical Abortion pills is the biggest battleground we face right now in the pro-life movement. Chemical Abortion now makes up 40 percent of all abortions, and the abortion lobby is pushing to remove safety protocols (called REMs– Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy) to make it easier to sell the deadly pills by cutting out health and safety standards. This puts women at risk of injury, infection, lost fertility, and even death.
We're taking a stand against these dangerous drugs - and the abortion proponents looking to cut corners at the expense of women's safety. Join Students for Life in the fight against Chemical Abortion using the tools below!
Act Now to Ensure Women Are Protected Against Chemical Abortion
Put it on Social Media
Once you have taken action using the Digital Action Center, post about it on social media! Sharing information about Chemical Abortion on your platforms is a powerful way to start conversations and even change minds. Below, you’ll find social media graphics and sample tweets.
This is Chemical Abortion Booklet
- The abortion industry doesn’t want you to know this, but Chemical Abortion isn’t a “quick fix.” It’s dangerous.
- The abortion lobby wants to get rid of health and safety rules for abortion pills. How is that good for women??
- Mail-order abortions? What could go wrong?
- Abortion is a dirty business. So it’s not surprising that they want MORE Chemical Abortion. After all, it’s less liability for them... at the expense of women’s safety.
- Chemical Abortion IS still abortion. A pill ends a life just as much as an aspiration machine.
- The Biden Administration must be nice and cozy, living in Planned Parenthood’s pocket. But it’s time to stop pandering to the nation’s #1 abortion vendor.
- Joe Biden wasn’t elected to empower abusers... right? So why does he support handing out Chemical Abortion Pills like candy?
Chemical Abortion Talking Points
Chemical Abortion is the new frontier for the abortion industry – so you need to be prepared to talk about it. Below, you’ll find basic talking points that you can use when having conversations in-person or online about Chemical Abortion. If you need further dialogue help, feel free to reach out to your SFLA Regional Coordinator by emailing [yourstate]@studentsforlife.org.
- Abortion by pills is called Chemical Abortion. The abortion industry, however, refers to them as “medical abortions” or even “missed period pills.”
- We know that these Chemical Abortion drugs have proven dangerous and deadly for women as well as preborn babies.
- More than 1/3 of all abortions are now Chemical Abortions (39 percent, source Guttmacher Institute.)
- According to abortion supporters, the drugs fail about five percent of the time to kill the embryo, requiring a subsequent surgical abortion and sometimes leading to infection and other problems.
- In 2017, the abortion industry think tank, The Guttmacher Institute, reported that “a total of 339,640 medication abortions occurred in 2017—about 39% of all abortions.” Using their math (which cannot be verified and is not complete), that means almost 17,000 women had to pursue medical care for an incomplete abortion.
- The drugs have caused death to women who were later in pregnancy or experiencing an ectopic pregnancy. To determine if a woman is at risk using the drugs, SHE MUST BE EXAMINED by an ultrasound.
- Yet, the abortion industry and on-line pill pushers want to do away with the FDA requirement for examination and just sell the pills to whoever asks. This puts women in danger.
- There is additional danger to women as abusers could easily get the drugs and end the lives of wanted babies without the mother’s consent.
- Planned Parenthood and others selling the drugs don’t care what happens to you after they have the cash.
- Women are told that if they are afraid that their bleeding is out of control, they should go to the emergency room and say they are miscarrying – hiding the fact that a Chemical Abortion has caused the bleeding.
- This kind of deception was interestingly unmasked in a study of abortion reversal in which women were encouraged to report problems and though the poll was small, 40 percent reported a “significant hemorrhage incidence.”
- CREATING FALSE DATA ON SAFETY: This distorts the data on miscarriage and on how often the pills fail to complete an abortion.
- FORCING PRO-LIFE PHYSICIANS INTO THE ABORTION BUSINESS: Women coming to the ER facing a Chemical Abortion gone wrong will have a procedure to end the bleeding and remove the infant. By starting the abortion process, even badly, pro-life physicians can be forced to cooperate with the abortion industry to save the life of a woman in crisis.
- REFUSING FULL AND INFORMED CONSENT: And the pill pushers DON'T want to tell women that if they act in time, the process can be reversed.
- Lots of women have had trouble in pregnancy and had help maintaining the pregnancy. Women need to know that if they act quickly, they could reverse the Chemical Abortion process and save the baby.
- EMPOWERING ABUSERS: It’s clear from a number of stories that Chemical Abortion Pills are being purchased by men to secretly and deceptively cause an abortion against a mother’s wishes.
Potential risks of Chemical Abortion include:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing pregnancy
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
- Are too far along in your pregnancy. You shouldn't attempt a medical abortion if you've been pregnant for more than nine weeks (after the start of your last period). Some types of medical abortion aren't done after seven weeks of pregnancy.
- Have an intrauterine device (IUD).
- Have a suspected pregnancy outside of the uterus (ectopic pregnancy).
- Have certain medical conditions. These include bleeding disorders; certain heart or blood vessel diseases; severe liver, kidney or lung disease; or an uncontrolled seizure disorder.
- Take a blood thinner or certain steroid medications.
- Can't make follow-up visits to your doctor or don't have access to emergency care.
- Have an allergy to the medications used
Click here to learn more about the harms of Chemical Abortion and why it must be stopped.
Press Statements and Media Coverage
For interviews or press questions, contact our team by completing the form below: